Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Wishlist Wednesday and a Pay it Forward of Some Sort (but not really?)...Read on!

I have a lull at work, so I thought I'd post my Wishlist Wednesday!

1. Warm and Sunny Weather! I live 20 minutes from Malibu and CAN NOT wait to take advantage of it this year!


2. I've been obsessing over Lilly's new arrivals and am in ♥ with this pattern. I want it all!

3. I want to lose 2 pounds this week! I think I've hit a plateau with Weight Watchers and I can't seem to get motivated to push past it. I only have 6 pounds until goal (I've lost almost 13 pounds since the beginning of the year) and I know once you have less to lose it takes longer to come off. But I can't completely blame my plateau on that alone. I am exercising less than before and I've stopped tracking almost completely. I need to get back in the swing of things.


-----------------------------------

So I know I've announced the winners of my giveaway already (ladies, your packages will be in the mail no later than Friday of this week) and I'm seriously soooo sad that not everyone could be a winner. I know a lot of you really wanted to win (that's the way I feel about every giveaway I enter) so I've come up with the next best thing.

First a little background about me: in college I was secretary of my sorority - not because I wanted to call roll or type up minutes, but because I wanted to send people notes and little treats to their school mailboxes! Now, the year after my secretarial duties were over, my sorority created a position just for that! I had so much fun sending letters, notes, and goodies to my sisters! But since I'm not in college anymore I just don't have as many opportunities to use my abundance of stationery and I have fewer reasons to buy the cute little things I see when I'm shopping (mainly because all of my *great and best* friends who I would give cute things to are back home in GA).

Anyway, I want to do the same for my bloggy friends! If you are interested in receiving a card/little treat by snail mail, simply e-mail me your information. If you've been reading my blog then you know I won't be sending any junk or cheap trinkets! I can't promise a time frame that your little surprise will be sent, but if you send me an email then you are guaranteed to receive something from moi at some point in time in the *near* future!

I guess this is kinda like a Pay it Forward, but everyone who wants to can win. And you're not really required to do anything for anyone in return, but it's certainly an option if you choose to do so!

My e-mail is sweetteadiaries {at} gmail {dot} com.

I hope to hear from some of you soon!

*Update - Thanks so much for everyone who has expressed an interest in my snail mail idea! I'm so excited to start sending all of you ladies something! If you are thinking about signing up, please do! Also when you send me your information, please include the location of your blog because I want to snoop around a little and send you something that you'll enjoy!*

19 comments:

c said...

aww you are so sweet! I love snail mail too and wish I had more opportunities to send it! I'll be emailing you my info asap :)

good luck busting your plateau- it's so great that you're re-committing to your goals!

capperson said...

I've emailed you my info. I think recieving mail thats not in the form of bills and junk is great. Also I love that print on the purse!!

EJR said...

Once I move I will totally take you on your offer. Such a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Love the bag! We need to go shopping together:)

Gwen said...

What a great idea!!! A few of us in town trade random gifts every once in a while just to put a smile on the other persons face. I picked up an initial notepad for my sister today and I'll mail it to her work in a week. :) I'll email you but more because I would love to do this for others too. :)

Jules said...

I emailed you and I think this would be nice to do for otheres as well. You're too sweet!

I love the Lilly bag and that pic of the beach is so pretty.

Leigh said...

Way to go on the weight loss!! Every bit counts! You are so creative..I need to step it up a notch. I love your snail mail idea...I have tons of stationary too! :)

katie lake said...

That picture makes me want to run away to the beach! I am loving your snail mail idea - what a nice little surprise! I am sure you will be able to hit those last few pounds. Just take a minute to break deep and refocus!

5th Belle Avenue said...

That picture of Malibu is BEAUTIFUL!! Makes me SO excited for warm weather and flip flop time!!

Kate said...

Awww...you're so cute! This is such a sweet idea!

I'm excited for you that you're almost to your goal! I hope you break the plateau this week!

Deals, Steals and Heels said...

this is such a good idea....and i too, have a CRAZY love of notecards and stationery....so you might get a fun "thank you" in the mail back!

Frenzymom said...

Came visiting from SITS. I love that bag!! I'll have to stop by more often.

Kitty and June said...

love your idea....getting mail is fun and sending a little suprise is even better! great idea!

Monica said...

This is such a cute idea. It would be great if we could pair up and give gifts every now and then just cuz. I hope you don't get stretched financially because of this!

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

This is such a cute idea. I'm so in! I love sending and receiving cards! What sorority are you in?

Sharon said...

count me in .. i miss snail mail, i used to send so much .. now it's too much junk & bills, not enough GOOD stuff ..

The Watermelon Tree said...

This is such a sweet idea!!
I am e-mailing my info to you now:)

Mrs. Douglass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. Douglass said...

I am so in -- just need to wait until I move. <3

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS