Wednesday, March 18, 2009

My First Weight Watchers Wednesday Post

Hi love-lies!

I decided to join the band wagon and make Weight Watchers Wednesdays a weekly post! I have tried so many great WW recipes that are delicious and healthy and this is a great way to share those with fellow weight watchers. But keep in mind that my Swee"tea" is not on WW and enjoys these recipes as well. Since I work full time and I'm in grad school, I like recipes that will be ready in 30 minutes or less.
So if you are looking for something quick, easy and healthy then the recipes I've tried will fit the bill.

Now that I'm getting closer to my goal it's harder for me to resist the things I used to love eating (i.e., pizza, Mexican, french fries, chicken tenders), but if I want to be at goal I know I have to! I think for me it's just accepting the fact that I WILL struggle with my weight for my entire life and WW is not a short term solution. Simply put, if I want to be happy I have to make WW my permanent way of life.

I'm sharing my very favorite WW recipe with you today. This is pretty basic, and I find that I "tweak" it differently each time I make it. It's so simple it's ridiculous. Also, it's very light tasting and won't weigh you down so it's great for lunch.

--------------------------------
Sauteed Shrimp
Serves 4, 3 oz. per serving
Prep time of 10 minutes
Cook time of 5 minutes
POINTS value of 3 per serving

Ingredients:
1 spray olive oil cooking spray
2 tsp. olive oil
1 pound shrimp - large, peeled, deveined
2 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 tsp. lemon herb seasoning
1/4 tsp. table salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper

Directions:
Coat a large skillet with cooking spray and set over medium heat. Add oil and heat.
Add shrimp and saute for one minute.
Add lemon juice, seasoning, salt and pepper; stir to coat shrimp.
Saute until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, approximately 3 minutes.

**I serve the shrimp tossed with brown rice. I also add garlic to the oil before adding the shrimp for more flavor. Oh and I use the frozen uncooked shrimp. Just run under hot water, peel, and add to the hot oil. This is such a great meal and I usually have it at least once a week.

--------------------------------

I hope everyone is having a great day! I will be back later with my Wishlist Wednesday!

5 comments:

Paula said...

That sounds really yummy. I'm not doing WW, but I like the healthy and easy ideas. Can't wait to hear more!

And thank you so much for the sweet note I got yesterday. Have you received your package from me yet? Hopefully you will soon!

Niki said...

Yum! That looks great!

ChelseaMarie said...

Looks yummy! Welcome to WWW! =)

c said...

that sounds super yummy!

I love seafood, and have been feeling a bit chubby lately, so I'll have to convince someone in my house (I'm not the cook!) to make this!

Jane said...

that sounds delicious! will have to try it!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS