Friday, March 20, 2009

Stupid Friday...I mean Awesome Friday!

Last night I went to Marshall's and hit Lilly jackpot! Seriously, there were so many styles of dresses and luckily a few of them were in my size! I really wanted these two, but my funds don't allow it at the time [insert sad face here]:





So I was still super excited from my finds, and I was trying to figure out a way to be able to budget at least one of them into my wardrobe, but couldn't make it happen. Then I checked my bank account this morning and guess what?! My tax return had been deposited! I started out the morning thinking I'd head over to Marshall's on my lunch break and buy one of the dresses.

Then it happened.

Mr. Swee"tea" called me and said his car had been broken into. What?! Yes - he parks on the street at night because we only have one parking spot for our apartment and I usually get home first. He was going to his car this morning to drive to the park for his daily run and he saw that his stereo, GPS and IPod had all been taken! I will never understand the human being that can steal, lie, cheat, or kill. And for what? A few electronics? And why him? My boyfriend is one of the most kind and considerate people you could ever meet. He has never raised his voice at anyone and he always has the time to listen to anyone's problems. He makes friends easily and he makes people feel comfortable. For this to happen to him makes me especially sad because he just didn't deserve it. And when he should have been furious and angry, he simply said that it must have been an extremely desperate person to have done this and while he's upset, maybe the person that did it was in such a bad situation that he/she had no other choice. Of course, that's probably not true, but it was a nice thought to think instead of being filled with animosity.

Needless to say, I can now no longer extravagantly spend money on a material item since this has happened. My boyfriend is currently in school full time and while he receives school loans for living expenses, I am the one who basically supports both of us for the time being. And that's really hard to do on a meager salary in the second most expensive city in the country!

Anyway, I'm upset because I missed out on a great deal and I'm upset because my boyfriend's car was broken into.

But really, I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason. I am trying to tell myself that I have a great apartment, food to eat, a dog and cat and boyfriend that all love me, an amazing family and a tolerable job. All of these things are a lot more than some people have at the moment. Instead of getting caught up in my own melodrama, I should count these blessings!

So bloggy friends, I'm going to turn this frown upside down and make this day great!

Oh and another blessing: I'm in an office competition for March Madness, and I'm currently in 3rd place (out of like 20)! I've only missed 4 so far...not bad for someone who has no interest in basketball!

13 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, I hope your day gets better! I'm sorry to hear about your boyfriend's car - that really really sucks. :(

With any luck maybe the dresses will go on sale and you'll be able to pick one of them up then. Who knows?! I've seen stranger things at Marshall's!

Niki said...

I'm sorry to hear about your BF's car:( But you have a great attitude about it! Happy Friday!

Anonymous said...

I hope your day gets better!

katie lake said...

I'm so sorry that happened to your boyfriend! How can people be so mean? When I was living in SF my brother's car was broken into by a bum to steal not even $5 in change. That was the second time since he's moved to SF. I understand times are hard so crime is up but that is no excuse! I hope that things look up for yall over the weekend!

MaierHousehold said...

Sorry to hear about your day! Hopefully your weekend will be better!

Am said...

You and your boyfriend have such great attitudes. Hope the day gets better.

jenn said...

that completely sucks, but what an attitude to have about it. your bf sounds like a great guy! things do happen for a reason. maybe one day, a lily fairy will drop off all of those dresses at your door :)

Lucky in Love said...

Oh my...I'm so sorry that this happened to your boyfriend! My stereo got stolen once...it's just the worst!

I'm also sorry you didn't get your dress! There will be other dresses though...and you guys will pick up the pieces together.

Lou Lou said...

I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope the rest of your day has been better! I think you have a great attitude about all of this!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Love that first dress- I keep checking but so far I have zero Lilly in my Marsh and TJ. Which is fine right now bc I swore off shopping for Lent. But I hope we get a few things after Easter- I love a good Lilly steal.

SO sorry about BF's car! I think you are right- everything does happen for a reason.

c said...

I'm so sorry for all this drama in your life! However, it's great that you have such a kind man in your life who would give the robbers the benefit of the doubt.

BLC :o said...

LP at Marshalls!? Oh la la!!! Hope you had a great weekend ... sorry to hear about the Mr.! Ugh. Xoxo-BLC

Life of a Savannah Wife said...

I will be heading to Marshall's today :) Thanks! I hate to hear that about the break in :(

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS