Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weigh In: Week 3

Let me start by saying that I wasn't a very good girl this week. After Weigh In: Week 2, DBF and I went to La Fogata, our favorite Mexican joint, and I had 1 serving of chips (12), salsa, and one shredded beef hard taco. It was amazing! I love Mexican food and I attribute this love for being the reason I gained so much weight. One basket of chips has up to 2,000 calories! What!?!

Anyway, I was OP the rest of the week and on Saturday, DBF and I decided to drive to Santa Barbara for the day. So I packed healthy snacks like grapes, fiber one bars, ww chocolates, etc. But no lunch. We decided to eat at California Pizza Kitchen and we split the white pizza on honey wheat dough. I had 2 slices of cheesy, gooey amazing-ness. I definitely ate in moderation and felt satisfied. Plus we did A LOT of walking that day, all over SB. Then when we got back home my neighbor was having a birthday party and invited us over. She had so much food out and I resisted because I was going to go home and make grilled chicken, but we ended up staying for over 3 hours. Somehow, those pink and white frosted animal crackers found their way to my hand and into my mouth. Like 15 of them! And I had two slices of bread with salami and cheese. Needless to say, my tummy was not feeling great and I was pretty upset with myself.

So on Sunday I ate very light and healthy to purge myself of the bad choices I had made. But I still felt like I had definitely gained. DBF and I went bowling (I beat him twice) as well so it was good to have some kind of physical activity. By the way, I bowled 3 strikes in a row...crazy! Anyway, WI day came and I decided to go to the 9:30 meeting so I could just get it over with already. I approached the scale with utter dread, but then Seta told me I had lost 2 pounds! I really couldn't believe it.

However, I've noticed that while I keep losing each week, the amount is decreasing slowly. So I have decided to add exercise to this week and see what happens. I hear you actually gain weight the first few weeks you exercise, but we'll see. I'm going to do 3 or 4 days of cardio in addition to the 30+ minute walks I'm taking every day.

PS - I reached my 5% goal a week ahead of schedule! Yay :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

[...] Weigh In:  Week 3 I found out the exciting news.  I mentioned it in this post but just briefly.  Now that I’ve had a couple days to think on it, I realized what an [...]

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!! So proud of you!!

Anonymous said...

[...] about my weigh in on Monday (1/26).  Remember last week that I reached my 5%?!?  You can go here to read all about [...]

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS