Wednesday, January 21, 2009

I mentioned this earlier...

...but I wanted to say again,

I HAVE REACHED MY FIRST GOAL OF LOSING 5% OF MY BODY WEIGHT!

I initially set in my mind to reach this goal by January 26, 2009.  But low and behold, I was able to reach it an entire week ahead of schedule!! :)

At Weigh In:  Week 3 I found out the exciting news.  I mentioned it in this post but just briefly.  Now that I've had a couple days to think on it, I realized what an accomplishment this is.  Not necessarily that I've lost the weight, but more so that I am growing accustomed to a healthier and ultimately happier lifestyle.

I've lost 5% since December 31, 2008 (22 days) and here is what I have noticed so far:

1.  My clothes are fitting much better.  Jeans I haven't worn in 2, 3, 6 months are sliding on effortlessly (or at least getting past my knees, haha).

2.  My arms are leaner and more toned.  I have been embarassed about my arms for some time and even during the hot LA summer I wore cardigans over all my tank tops.

3.  I feel healthy.  I have been drinking so much water.  My skin is clearing up and my hair is shinier.  I no longer feel overly full after a meal or so uncomfortable anymore.  I enjoy what I'm eating instead of worrying about it being enough to fill me up.  My stomach is growing smaller and I am satisfied off of less.

4.  At least 3 of my co-workers have noticed a difference in my weight.  They say my face is getting thinner.

5.  I no longer want to put a pillow over my lap every time I sit down to cover up any rolls.  TMI?  My tummy is getting flatter.  Hurray!

6.  I am so optimistic about continuing to lose weight and each day that goes by makes me realize that Weight Watchers truly is a lifestyle change, one that I gladly accept!

goal2

I guess it's time to come up with a new goal!

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS