Friday, June 26, 2009

Fabulous Friday - Frozen Yogurt!

I've got NO time today, but wanted to do a quick post for FABULOUS FRIDAY! This week's theme is frozen yogurt...since moving to Los Angeles, I've noticed the biggest trend in frozen yogurt joints - the original Pinkberry and all other imaginable variations such as Yogurtland, Menchies, Red Mango, and Froyolife. Personally, I think they're all about the same, but I tried Menchies a couple of weeks ago, and thought it was pretty tasty.

Their yogurt flavors are endless, but I like to stick to the original tart. As for toppings, I go for strawberry, kiwi and CHEESECAKE BITS! Those things are delicious!

I have never seen this kind of yogurt sold on the East Coast. Maybe I was just missing out, but I didn't hear of it until I moved to California. I took two of my best friends from Georgia to Pinkberry when they came to visit, but they really didn't like it. I think they couldn't get over the tart flavor.

Tell me my East Coast friends,
have you seen this frozen yogurt trend
in your neighborhood?

If you've tried it, do you like it?!


Okay, I've really got to go - my boss is breathing down my neck to get all of my work done before the weekend starts...I thought Friday was supposed to be a lazy day. I guess my boss didn't get the memo! :)

If you participate in Fabulous Friday, don't forget to link it to Danielle's blog (click here).

22 comments:

amanda said...

I tried pinkberry for the first time in nyc. I tried a knock off brand (same concept but with honeydew instead of the main pinkberry fruit flavor) in DC and spotted another knock off at a mall outside of DC. I wish we had it in NC because I LOVE it. I especially love the fresh fruit. I love it with strawberry and blueberry and kiwi.

Rena Barbara Jeana said...

There aren't many frozen yogurt places around SC for sure. I wish we got all the big name frozen yogurt eateries because I sure would eat it ALL the time. Yum yum.

EmilyB said...

It was just starting to pop up in DC....and I tried one and thought it was just ok. I thought I would LOVE it, but was surprised that I didn't. I hadn't seen it in Atlanta at all. I'd be happy to stick with TCBY :)

Piper Jacquelyn said...

We've got TCBY here in the Midwest, but that's about all I've seen {at least in Omaha}. Sad! I'm so jealous - I really want to try Pinkberry.

preppyinnewengland said...

Pinkberry sounds divine...Froyo is somewhere in the Boston area. Have not gone yet!

nomo wino daph said...

blahhhh i am in alabama...none here:)

left something for ya on my bloggy-
have a great weekend!!

jlc said...

yes! tasti deelite's, etc. we love our yogurt!

jlc said...

omg and PINKBERRY! woops! brain freeze. :)

beckylbranch said...

We don't have a PinkBerry here, but I hear so much about it! We have TCBY yogurt and that is about it!

Anonymous said...

We have a menchie's in Baton Rouge at the Mall of Louisiana and I just had it last night! So good!! :D

Jessica said...

Wow I love your blog. So glad I came across it. And wow, 450 plus followers? You are something!

Mrs EyeCanSee said...

Here in the midwest I've not even heard of these places. Not that I'm surprised. We usually get things right around the time it becomes uncool on the coasts! I will have to be on the lookout when I'm in LA!

Needs Help said...

Down south where I live we've just got the ole tried and true TCBY!

Danielle Moss said...

I'm going to have to try that place. There is one I've been to that has cheesecake but I didn't care for their yogurt at all!

I did have some delicious pineapple coconut frozen yogurt while in SB. It was really light and almost fluffy. Delicious. :)

Jules said...

There aren't many FroYo places around us, but we have plenty of water ice and ice cream spots. I think the only kind I've ever had is TCBY.

Lis said...

YUM!! We have some great places popping up called "The Skinny Dip"! Cute right? Same idea as PinkBerry and VERY reasonably priced!!

I'd pretty much kill for some right now - lol! :)

Blackeyed Susan said...

I've seen some in Jacksonville, but none in GA. I think it would be great since it gets sooo hot!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

Boston has had 2 open up in the past few months, but they are independent businesses, not chains (that I know of!) I really like the tart, but they also serve ice-cream, so it can be super hard to go for the for-yo and not the real thing!

Phoenix said...

Yet another reason why Cali rocks. Also - cheesecake bites? YUM!!

Posh Peach said...

Menchie's is about to open in Orlando. I can't wait!!

~ Donna ~ said...

Mmmmmm I *heart* frozen yogurt....My favorite is with Raspberries :)

USCEmily said...

None here in South Carolina, except TCBY, and not many of those, either! Of course, Columbia seems like the last place to get anything, so I'm not surprised!!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS