Monday, January 24, 2011

Weekend Recap

C and I have both reached the point where getting in shape is our number one priority. Our weekends used to be about eating out, going to the movies, being lazy, etc. but we have had such a total change in attitude recently. Now we spend our weekends in the gym and cooking healthy meals. I'm so happy for this recent change and we both are starting to feel really great too!

I know I usually talk about fitness stuff on Wednesday, but wanted to share about the iPhone app called Lose It! I'm sure many of you may already use it, but I just discovered it on Friday and so far, it has really helped me keep track of my calorie intake. If you use the app, and want to be friends, I'd love to have the added encouragement (and be an encouragement to you as well). Use alscandrett@yahoo.com to find me!!

It has been a beautiful weekend so we knew we wanted to get outside for some activity. C found a great hiking trail that is really close to us so it worked out perfectly! It was one of the more intense hikes we've done together (4 out of 5 on difficulty) and was 7 miles roundtrip!


We spent Sunday morning in the gym as well and then made a "healthy" flatbread with tomato sauce, a sprinkling of mozzarella, goat cheese, sliced tomato and basil. Delish!

I have to warn you now that my weekend recaps are probably going to be pretty boring for a few weeks since we've pledged to get healthy. I hope you weren't too bored!

How was your weekend?

6 comments:

Belle on Heels said...

not boring at all! i think what y'all are doing is just fantastic. keep up the fabulous work :)

Jules said...

You could never be boring! The hike sounds great. There is nothing better than getting outdoors, breathing in the fresh air and getting healthy at the same time. The flatbread you made sounds really good too.

I'm impressed with your commitment. I need some of it to rub off on me!

Anonymous said...

I love Lose It! I used it last year around this time and lost 26 lbs. I need to get back into it and your post just reminded me how useful that app was. Thanks!

BroncoMom said...

Never boring my dear!!!

Unknown said...

I haven't heard about that Lose It app! Thanks so much for sharing. I absolutely love hikes! It's so nice to be outside.

Holly said...

i dont think that will make your weekend posts boring! its motivating actually.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS