Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Weekend Recap

As part of my "blog more" goal for 2011, I'm really going to try to stick with the theme posts and there's no better place to start than with the Weekend Recaps. This one is a little late because my weekend just ended today.

This weekend was all about movies!

Tron was a really fun movie with great special effects and action sequences. We saw it in 3-D and I loved it! I know a lot of people hated it because of the lack of an actual plot, but that didn't bother me because the effects were so awesome. I felt the story carried itself, and it was just an all-around fun movie that didn't have me thinking too much.


True Grit...I was definitely not expecting to like this movie. I was very pleasantly surprised though! The acting was absolutely amazing, and the main character, played by young Hailee Steinfeld, was so well done. The story was intriguing, there were funny and scary moments, and it was nothing like the typical Western movie I was expecting. Definitely see this one!


I'm not even sure what to say about Black Swan. It was disturbing. It was beautiful. It was very hard to watch without covering my eyes. It was emotionally draining. This movie truly had me scratching my head and asking what just happened...overall, I think I liked it. I'd definitely recommend watching it as I think it's going to be a big contender come award season.


The worst movie of the weekend? That would have to be Unstoppable. After reading super high reviews about this movie, we were excited to see it. Umm...not sure what those reviewers were watching, but it couldn't have been the same movie.

Dull, boring, lame, waste of my time...


And C finally wore me down and I agreed to watch his favorite movie of all time (please don't let this reflect poorly on him, he is actually very schooled in film), Into the Blue. I like treasure hunting, I like hotness (aka PW) , I like the ocean so I guess I liked this movie. It was entertaining and didn't require me to think one bit...except about how unfair it is that some people can be soooooo hot :)


Movies I Still Want to See:

The Tourist
Country Strong
The King's Speech


I hope 2011 is off to a great start for all of you! I mentioned this in my previous post, but I just had my 400th post. I'm starting to put together a fun giveaway so look for that soon!

11 comments:

BroncoMom said...

I too have wanted to see Tron.
The small snip its that I have seen look interesting. Thanks!

KatiePerk said...

You did have a big movie weekend!! I want to see Country Strong too! On Sunday I had an 80's film fest. I need to get out more....

Mary A. said...

OK now I want to do a movie post.

I have to see Black Swan -- people are raving about it. I so rarely get to see "real" movies because:

1. we're cheap
2. we have little kids
3. we live in a C city. I doubt the Kings Speech will even play here.

I'm copying you & doing a movie discussion soon.

Dollface said...

Black Swan was really strange, right?! At the end I was like HUH, what happened!! xxxoo

MLD said...

100 million percent you must see The King's Speech!

Mrs. Jansson said...

What a fun post! I'm glad to hear that true grit was good. I love Jeff Bridges and was thinking about asking the hubby out for a date night. Also, I'd love to see country strong but may need to gather a group of girls together for that one. :)

Jenni said...

Want to see Black Swan sooo badly! Loved Tron, it was so much fun and the furniture was to die for!

Jules said...

Weekend recaps are so fun to post and read. I love looking back at mine from time to time to see all the fun I’ve had throughout the year (since fun stuff is usually on the weekends).

I couldn’t agree more about Tron. Like you said, not a huge plot, but the special effects and fact that it was in 3D kept me happy.

I’ve heard great things about True Grit. Not my typical kind of movie, but I may need to see it.

Black Swan was incredible and smart. Something I don’t see in many movies these days. I didn’t know what was going to happen next.

I’ll be skipping Unstoppable. I was on the fence with that one anyway.

Into the Blue…LOL. I know what you mean. Geof insists I watch certain movies that are well below his level of intelligence.

I keep hearing great things about The Tourist and really want to see Country Strong.

BJJ said...

I am so interested in going to see Black Swan. It just seems like I need to experience what everyone is talking about!

pickingwildflowersblog.blogspot.com

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

I am so behind on movie releases! Ususally, we wait until they are out on video...but by then, I often forget what I wanted to see when it was a new release :o) My hubby and I did get to see True Grit and really liked it...it also makes me want to see the original with John Wayne.
Tron sounds fun (and the same thing, I like to see the originals and remakes, if possible).
I had heard that Black Swan was pretty intense emotionally. Hm...maybe cuz the reviews for Unstoppable were so high, the movie was a let down? We also saw Jack Black's newest-Gulliver-and I do like Jack Black, but that one was not one I would see again (and I love the story of Gulliver).
Thanks for your reviews :o)
Blessings & Aloha!

Krista said...

There's a rumor that Haylee Steinfeld may play Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games. I haven't seen True Grit, but she looks like the Katniss I pictured! What do you think?

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS