- Don't forget that today is the last day to enter my 500 Posts Giveaway.
- Today, Chris is having mouth surgery to correct a receding gum. This is the first of four surgeries that he will be having in the next few months. I feel so bad for him! But I also feel grateful that this is a procedure that insurance will cover 80% of, as it's a very expensive surgery and not something you would want to pay out-of-pocket for.
- Last week, I entered a giveaway over at Spotted Moth and guess what? I won! Thanks to the ladies at SM, I received this adorable clutch that will be perfect for fall! I can't wait to use it!
- I finally reached 800 miles on my bike! I have been slacking A LOT lately, mainly because I haven't been finding the same joy in riding that I did a few months ago. I think it's a combination of the hot weather, inconsiderate drivers that nearly run me over every day, and a general lack of caring. However, I'm not giving up! I have still done considerably well for 4 months, and I'm going to continue to give it my all.
- Happy Birthday to my sister-in-law Amy and my BFF (C's Dad) Jeff!
- Have you guys tried the "sock bun curls" technique? I'm definitely intrigued and think I'll try it out tomorrow night. I'll let you know how it goes! I will say that I tried this technique a few nights ago, and unfortunately, it did not work for me (this is more my fault though). My hair has no problem holding curl, but I hate taking the time to hot roll it so I'm hoping I can find an easier way to give me waves. I'm open to other tutorials/ideas if you'd like to share!
- Do any of you watch Dance Moms? C & I stumbled on this last week, and it is CRAZY! It's full of drama and cute little girls dancing while their moms are killing each other with words. I feel bad for the pressure these girls must feel to be the best, it can't be easy for an 8 year old to process. I also think that these women must portray the EXTREME version of a dance mom, as I'm sure most moms out there are only wanting their kids to have fun and express themselves.
Ok, told you this was random! I hope all of you are having a good week. Mine is flying by, but I'm still in a funk. I'm hoping that some time with family and friends soon will help me and give me a short break from the real world!