Wednesday, October 27, 2010

I'm Back!

I have been busy, busy, busy!

It's been mostly work, but I've had some fun here and there, too!

First off, Kate's birthday! I'm so grateful for Kate's friendship and feel so blessed that our blogs brought us together. She is seriously one of the most genuine and kind people I have met here in Los Angeles and she makes it feel more like home!


One weekend, C and I went with a couple of friends to the Outdoor Cinema Food Fest! It's an event that takes place in different parks around Los Angeles and they play a movie on a HUGE inflatable screen and they have a dozen or so various food trucks there to feed you! We went to see the screening of Back to the Future! Believe it or not, I had never seen the movie. I thought it was great though and the event is such a good idea and a lot of fun!


I think I've mentioned it before, but C is really into craft beer. Los Angeles recently had LA Beer Week and the culmination of the week was a large beer fest down at Union Station. Of course we had to go :)

It was a dreary day, but we still had a good time!


I also had a cupcake order for a birthday party. I was up until 3 am, but the cupcakes turned out amazing, and I'm glad to say the clients were uber happy! I made a Snickers cupcake (recipe found here) and it was phenomenal! I highly recommend it. The only trouble I had was making the homemade caramel sauce, but after about 5 tries, I got it right and it tasted delicious!


Staying with the cupcake theme, C and I had a get together to go to and we couldn't show up empty-handed. I had leftover ingredients from the birthday order so I made the same cupcakes, but topped them with festive toppers that I made (great tutorial here)!

We were watching the Patriots play, in case you couldn't tell what the toppers were.


Thanks so much to all of you for the support and kind words during my little bloggy break. I expect to be back in full force now that work has finally slowed down (PTL!). Truth be told, I can never really stay away for very long!

Oh, and PS - It's going to be Halloween Overload here on Sweet Tea Diaries, starting tomorrow! Get excited!

7 comments:

Mommara said...

Yayy welcome back we have missed you! Umm snickers cupcakes... I die. Yummy!

nomo wino daph said...

YAHOOOOO So glad your back!!!
OH MY YUM...I want some of those treats!
XX

Mary A. said...

what happened to the first few tries of carmel sauce? Please tell me they were not wasted!!!!!!

Preppy Pink Crocodile said...

Woo hoo you're back! I didn't realize you had a cupcake business either. I guess I wasn't reading very carefully before your break. They look adorable though!

Mrs. Jansson said...

So happy that you're back Angie!!! I've missed you and can't wait to see what fun Halloween things you have to share with us. :)

Jill said...

Oh yay... you're back. I wish I coud've gone to Kate's bday. Boooo! I miss y'all! Your cupcakes look AWESOME!

Kate said...

Ok this probably won't make sense but I saw this blog post AFTER I wrote your thank you note (where I basically write exactly what you wrote about me BUT about you ;)

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS