Monday, August 23, 2010

Promoted!

No, not me (I wish!)...my brother, Todd! Recently, I was lucky enough to fly home to join in my brother's promotion ceremony. He is now a Major in the U.S. Army and we couldn't be prouder!!

There's nothing like a visit with family to lift your spirits and make you smile! I get to see my parents again in a week, but I am never sure when I'll get to visit with my brothers so I was especially happy to see them.

The first night, we all went to eat at Yordanna's Pizza and Pasta, which was yummy!


This is the huge calzone my brother Bill ordered! It was seriously the size of a baby :)


Saturday morning, I was up bright and early to help Dad set up the reception site. I had to get my caffeine fix and boy was it tasty! We don't have Dunkin Donuts here in California so it's always a treat when I get to have it.


My nephews are growing up so fast! Click here to see what they looked like at Christmas last year! This is me with Jordan...he'll be starting his first year of high school soon. I can't believe that he's so grown up!


And here's Zach! Isn't he cute?! He had the great idea of creating a scavenger hunt for his Dad to do in order to find his promotion present! It was so fun!! We all sat around trying to come up with rhymes and clues...it's such a fun way to give someone a present.


My brother Bill and his lovely wifey, Anita! She was celebrating her birthday also so my brother took her to New York for a little getaway. I blogged about their wedding here!


My parents!


My brother Todd with his military brothers. These guys played a big part in supporting and encouraging him while he was serving in Iraq and throughout his career in the military.


Getting his new Major gear!


Bill, Todd, and me! We really missed our other brother John, but he had commitments he just couldn't get out of.


Food and cake at the reception!


I love my family so much!

PS - Todd reads my blog so I'm sure he was anxiously awaiting this post...happy, big brother??! :)

12 comments:

Preppy Girl Meets World said...

A big congratulations to your brother! Did you get to punch on his oak leaf?

Also, that is one heck of a calzone!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to him! And I want that calzone, lol!

Black Labs and Lilly said...

Congrats to your brother and a big thank you to him for serving our country!!!!

I can't imagine living in a land of no Dunkin' Donuts, although you do have In 'N Out, I don't know what I would rather have?!

Mona said...

Congratulations Todd! And I too thank you for serving our great country!!

BLC :o said...

Yeahhh!!! Congratulations to Todd!!! Darling family. Xoxo-BLC

Jules said...

Congratulations to your brother and I’m so happy that you were able to visit your family! The calzone at the pizza and pasta restaurant looks so delicious.

Your nephew is almost taller than you now…wow!

The ceremony must have been such a proud moment for your brother and for your family. It looks like you all did a wonderful job on the reception and the cake was so beautiful…xoxo

Danielle Moss said...

That is amazing! Congrats to your brother!

Dollface said...

Congrats to the big bro!! also, how do you look so amazing and eat all of that crappy food, hahah xxxooo

Morgan said...

What an amazing cake! Looks like a great family gathering. :)

Miss A said...

Congratulations to your brother on his promotion! I worked for the military for two years and my respect grew for these men and women... I wish him all the best.

emcr1229 said...

How exciting a big congrats to your brother - and a sincere thank you for all he does for all of us.

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

Congratulations! And thank you to him for his service!
Aw, That is so good that you were able to be there!
Wonderful pictures :o) haha...that calzone was HUGE! Your nephews are cute and wow Jordan is going to pass you up in height soon! Your family looks great. I love Zach's scavenger hunt idea (we've done a scavenger hunt for our kids (for their little gifts/goodies) at Easter since they were little :o)
My brother gets promoted in San Diego on the 15th in the Navy, but we won't be able to be there...

Blessings & Aloha!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS