Monday, April 27, 2009

Weekend Recap

Hi my Lovelies! I am TIRED! I had such a fabulous weekend - the only thing missing was my family and friends from back home. But I am incredibly grateful that my dear b.f. planned some amazing events for me and really, I hardly had time to think about missing anyone!!

After our amazing couple's massage we had very little time before our dinner reservations at Gyu Kaku, a Japanese BBQ place. So we rushed home to get ready and then back out again to the restaurant. If you've never been to a place where you grill your own food, you should definitely try it out! It was so much fun to cook at your own table!



You'll have to forgive me because I completely forgot to take any pictures Saturday night when we went to eat for my actual birthday. I did however, get a picture of my really cute birthday cake!



You probably won't believe this, but I am a huge fan of the Fast and Furious movies. Seriously. So when the latest one came out, of course I dragged the bf to see it with me on opening night. Okay, I'm kinda embarassed I just admitted that to 318 of you :)

And you may also know that my initials are not S.H. This is a funny little tidbit - the bf and I were picking on each other one night and he was saying that one minute I was cranky and the next I was all lovey-dovey. He nicknamed me B.P. for bi-polar (I'm not in any way making a joke of people that do have this disease. I know several people who do, including family members). So I decided to make him feel bad for being mean to me by being nice and calling him S.H. for Sweetheart. However, there is another less friendly name that S.H. could stand for and that is what he thought I meant! Needless to say, he didn't believe I really meant Sweetheart (even though I did!!) and decided to put it on my cake. Cute :)

On Sunday we had a lovely time at church. It was our first time to the early service and we enjoyed it much more than the later, more contemporary service. It's amazing how a sermon can speak directly to your heart and that is what Sunday's sermon did with me. Everything the Pastor spoke about was relevant to my life and what I'm going through right now.

Then last night, my bf's sister Danielle took us to eat at The Cheesecake Factory. Delicious!





Needless to say, I have had a lot to eat the past 3 days. My jeans are a *wee* bit tight today, but it was all worth it! I'm not sure my WW leader will think the same though...

I'll be back later with an award to share!

25 comments:

Kate said...

Your cake is too funny. Ha ha. My hubby loves the Fast and the Furious movies too. I love your yellow shirt (or dress?) that you are wearing in the Cheesecake Factory pictures. So cute! Where did it come from?

So glad you had a good birthday!

KellyV said...

looks like it was a fun weekend ... happy belated birthday!

EJR said...

I just fixed the link, hopefully it works now. Sorry about that.

Digitally Delightful said...

Love the cake :o)

Unknown said...

Glad you had such a great birthday! ;-) looks like fun - I heard the new Fast and FUrious movie was good . . . I never saw "Tokyo Drift" but I enjoyed the first movie, despite the atrocious acting by Paul Walker

Anonymous said...

So love the cake!! And the story behind the name! LOL What a sweet bf you have!! And I haven't been to that particular restaurant but my husband and I love the Melting Pot in which you cook your own food at the table! Lots of fun with a group!! So glad to see you had a wonderful weekend!! :D

capperson said...

Y'all are so cute and that looks very yummy! I hope you had a wonderful birthday. I recieved your card in the mail today and it def. brightened my day. I had a dentist appointment today and they messed up my mouth :(

capperson said...

Oh yeah, I am also a huge fan of the fast and furious movies. I love racing period!!!

J @ The Look 4 Less said...

I love the yellow shirt (dress?) that you're wearing in the last couple of pics. That color looks great on you!

Jackie said...

Birthdays don't count right? ;)

Glad you had a fabulous weekend!

~ Donna ~ said...

Awwww you so deserved the weekend, LOVE the cake!!! I am in ♥ with Vin & I am so glad he is back for Fast & Furious!!!

Erin said...

Nice! Looks like you had a blast!

Have a great afternoon!

-E

Lis said...

Happy Birthday!! It looks like you had a ton of fun!! :)

I love cheesecake factory!! And yes, it's totally worth it!

yours truly... said...

LOVE the cake story, that is too cute!

Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend sweet girl!!

chelsea said...

Happy Birthday! cute dresses ;)

Jules said...

I'm so glad you had a happy and relaxing birthday! I love the story being the b.p. and the s.h. I love the your bf put that on your cake. I never would have pegged you for a fast & furious fan.

That Japanese bbq place sounds delicious and I love your Lilly dress!

Jules said...

I need another nap! Let's try that again. I love that story of the nicknames of b.p. and s.h. and the fact that your bf put it on your cake!

Lou Lou said...

So happy you had a great birthday! You look beautiful in all of your photos!

Kate said...

Great photos. I love your cake. I have a F&F movie poster at home. Mostly for Paul Walker but I also like the movies too ;)

Laura said...

Happy (belated) Birthday! It sounds like you had a fantastic time. I love Gyu Kaku, they have such a great late night happy hour. And I absolutely love the yellow shirt you are wearing in your cheesecake factory pictures. Such a great color! I want it :)

Lucky in Love said...

I LOVE The Cheesecake Factory! I'm so glad you had such a nice birthday!

Nicole-Lynn said...

You and your bf are too cute together. I loved your yellow top...and I love the cheesecake factory! Looks like you had a fun filled birthday weekend!

Team Clancy said...

What a great weekend and great pictures to remember it!

Belle on Heels said...

you two are such a cute couple!! happy b-day :)

Betsy | Heavens to Betsy said...

You and your bf are too cute! Looks like a fab birthday Ms. Sweet Tea!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS