- How was everyone's Valentine's Day? Chris & I had a relaxing evening at home with take-out, television, and backgammon! I swear I'm 27 going on 67...There was a fun scavenger hunt waiting for me when I got home and the clues led me to my presents! I was running all over the apartment like a crazy woman! Haha, so fun! I got a box of chocolates, a Chick-fil-A gift card, and a bottle of one of my favorite beers that is hard to find.
- I received my tax return yesterday and was able to pay off some bills! I'm so excited to watch my debt decrease each month, even if it is a little bit slow-going. This month will be my last payment on a bank loan I took out 3 years ago for a little over $12,000. That was a stupid decision to take out the loan, but it feels good knowing that I will finally have it paid off in less than 2 weeks.
- It's only the middle of February, but is it too early to start thinking about my birthday? I've declared on many occasions that my birthday is my favorite holiday! Here are my last two birthday celebrations - 2010 and 2011. Chris has already said that I cannot plan this year's birthday events because I did last year, and it kinda sucked. We are thinking of a weekend trip for this year (destination to be determined) so I'm hoping that works out! Here's my birthday list: an iPad and an engagement ring...I know, keep dreaming! Haha!
- Last night Chris & I went out for dinner. We found a sushi place near our house with great prices and equally great reviews. It was delicious! Here is a picture of the Dragon Roll - I've never seen such a creative way to present sushi before. We also had the green tea tempura ice cream and it was phenomenal. Have you ever had anything like this before? It was a ball of ice cream deep fried in tempura batter...yeah, heavenly!
- After dinner we stopped at CVS because we had a $5 extra bucks coupon to use. We were able to get all of the following items for under $30! With the sale prices and the coupon, we ended up saving $25. We should be set for awhile on body wash, Cetaphil cleansing bars (these are expensive full price!), toothpaste, and deodorant. I love a good deal!
- I was sad to see Beverly eliminated from Top Chef last night. I really wanted her to beat Lindsay and Sarah because they had been so awful to her the entire season. Now I'm rooting for Paul!
That's about all that I have going on. Anything new with you?