Tuesday, April 27, 2010

{B} Earth Day Recap!

preface: I just want to note that I've decided to no longer call my boyfriend the Mystery Man...from here on out, he will be referred to as "C" since that's the first letter of his name. Haha! I know, I'm so clever :)

Ever since I started working at my job, the company has contributed to each employee's birthday by providing a treat for the entire office - whether it be bagels, donuts, cake, ice cream...it's up to the employee! Well, starting in 2010 the company decided to cut birthday celebrations from the budget...boo! I still try to make cupcakes for the office to celebrate birthdays every month, but it's no longer on the company's dollar.

This year, C wanted to bring a cake for my birthday, but I made him promise that it didn't say anything about me on it because I didn't want any controversy or hurt feelings with other employees not getting a celebration...I try to be really diplomatic! Anyway, as you all know, last week was Earth Day so C being the clever boy that he is, decided to write on the cake:

Happy (B) Earth Day!

Get it???! So funny! He also added a sign that had a picture of me in the center of the earth {see below for pictures}! Anyway, it was so sweet and the cake was yummy!

{see 2008 and 2009 work celebrations here}


{close up of the cake and the sign}


{C and I}


{the "flower cupcake" mom sent me!}


As usual, I felt very loved on my birthday!

Also, thank you to everyone who entered my birthday giveaway and to everyone who left sweet birthday comments!!! And a special thank you to Danielle for surprising me with my wonderful new blog design...don't you all love it??! I know I do! I have the greatest friends!

I'll be back to announce the giveaway winner once I get it figured out, and also to share some pictures from my fun weekend!

11 comments:

Lucky in Love said...

What a sweet boy you have :) And that flower cupcake is the cutest!! So glad you had a great day :)

Jenni said...

awwwwwww sooooo cute!!!!!

Danielle Moss said...

Love that! I need to meet this guy. Annnddd... I would love to see you soon. Can we make that happen?

Happy Birthday! So glad you like the new do.

xoxo

ae said...

Too sweet! Glad you had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

Hi, I read you and have never commented but I'd have to say that what C did was very sweet and definitely clever! Happy Belated Birthday. :-)

Mrs. Sergeant

Sandra said...

Well what a sweet boyfriend! And so glad you had a fabulous birthday! Hugs! xoxo

Brandi said...

How sweet. I hope you had a great bday. Mine is Monday.

theluckiestmrs said...

That is adorable!! :) & creative. Happy belated birthday & I LOVE the new blog look! Gorgeous. ;)

Jules said...

Clever indeed and so thoughtful! You look great in that dress too.

The flower cupcake that you mom sent was so sweet…XOXO

Shoshanah said...

The cake so cute. And I love the cleverness of the words

Kate said...

Soooo sweet! Happy (B) Earth Day is pretty clever. {Does he work with you?}
Hope it was a good day for you!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS