Monday, February 27, 2012

A How To Vlog

I'm posting this early, but wanted to make sure that if any of you wanted to make your own 
St. Patrick's Day wreath, you'd have plenty of time to shop, create, and hang it up on your door.

I put together a festive St. Patrick's Day wreath to send to my mom and also Chris' mom for their front doors. Mom, if you are reading this, GO AWAY and wait by the mailbox.

I based my idea off of this one, but really only used her tutorial to figure out what supplies I'd need. If you'd like to see how I made these St. Patrick's Day wreaths, please watch the video below! (I recorded this video using the Flip I received for Christmas and [crappily] edited it using iMovie.)


Some notes:
  • Since I am mailing my wreaths to other people, I double-knotted the front part of the fabric. I believe the original tutorial just used a single tie to attach the fabric. I think either way looks fine.
  • In the video, I call the green fabrics felt. It's actually flannel fabric. I purchased a yard each of those and ended up with a lot of fabric left over. I made 2 wreaths and still had at least 1/2 yard left. If you are only planning on making one wreath, you could get away with buying 1/4 yard.
  • I purchased a 1/2 yard of the yellow fabric. Again, I had more than enough so purchase less if you are only making one.
  • Be sure to check for coupons online before going shopping! I was able to use a 10% off coupon at JoAnn's by just showing them my phone. I know that Michael's always has coupons so it may be worth it to buy a styrofoam wreath there (this was the only item not on sale at JoAnn's).
  • There were a lot more options for accents, but I happened to like the shamrocks and the hats. There were gold coins, beads, pots of gold, etc. and all of those would look good on the wreath. I ended up only using the door hanger on one of the wreaths and the ones without it still looked great.
  • The finished wreath was hanging up in my bathroom, which explains the yellowish-tint to the room. Sorry!
 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS