Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Top Ten of 2011

My vacation is over! I am finally back in California, and to say the last 3 weeks have been eventful would be an understatement. There was Christmas, New Year's, a trip to the hospital, a road trip to Orlando, 3 days of magic at Disney World, another trip to the hospital (for another reason entirely), and I've finally made my way home. I will do a vacation recap as soon as I can find the energy to get it together. xoxo, Angela

And just like that, another year is in the books! I thought it would be fun to compile a list of all of the great things that happened in 2011. I don't know what 2012 holds, but I'm excited to find out!



My Top Ten List of 2011 



C&A Family Get Together!

Most couples worry about the moment that they meet each other's parents and even more so, the moment the parents meet the parents. Luckily, we had a great experience in Las Vegas and made so many unforgettable memories!

My Best Friend's Wedding!
One of my very best friend's (Jenny) celebrated her engagement and wedding in 2011. It means so much to me that I was able to be a part of her wedding and stand beside her on her special day. It's something we had talked about since we were teenagers!
beautiful photo by e.Jane Photography

Chick-Fil-A Opens!
Yes, this is actually on my Top 10 List! I'm not joking about how excited I am to have a Chick-fil-A within walking/riding/driving distance of my house & work. I went no less than 3 times just in the week it opened. And it never fails, the CFA craving always hits on Sunday!

Boston!
I have always wanted to visit Boston. Luckily, C & I were able to take a day trip there while visiting his parents in Rhode Island. The city is so awesome, with so much to see and experience. I especially liked seeing all of the historical monuments, C's college, and Newbury St.

Jenny's Bachelorette Party!
Jenny's wedding is already in my top ten, but Jenny's bachelorette party was a lot of fun too! I had a blast taking the redeye home, staying up all day to prep & shop for supplies, and then spend the weekend with some of my best friends! Dessert/sweet buffets are awesome, and I hope I can do another one soon!

Road Trip to San Francisco!
Our annual trip to San Francisco for the Double IPA Festival {2 years in a row makes it annual in my book} was awesome, except when it rained all of Valentine's Day and we were stuck walking around the city. My feet have never been so cold...We begin making our to-do & see list at least 6 months in advance, and this year we were able to mark quite a bit off. I've already begun a list for 2012's visit!

Amazing Television (old & new)!
We all know by now that I love me some TV! I was kind of obsessed with The Bachelor this year (Brad & Ashley's seasons) and I'll probably be watching Ben's season in January. But my favorite new shows of the year are Homeland and American Horror Story. My favorite returning shows are Hawaii Five-0 (love this show!), NCIS: LA, Castle, and Nikita (everyone should be watching this one, it's so good!).

Being in a Live Audience & Shown on TV!
I had been on the Dancing with the Stars waiting list for at least 2 seasons, and I finally got a ticket for the season premiere in September! You can read about my experience here. I somehow ended up being seated right behind Bruno and the rest of the judges so every time they would give a score, you'd see me on screen! That was my celebrity moment...video cameras freak me out!

Moco Coco's at Starbucks!
I am not a fan of coconut, but I couldn't get enough of this Mocha Coconut frappucino from Starbucks. The toasted coconut topping & mocha syrup put it over the top! I can't wait for warm weather so I can have these again.

Football!
When I was younger, I'd be the only one to keep my dad company while he watched the Miami Dolphins play on Sunday's. Granted, I was either reading or sleeping while they were playing so it wasn't so much about the game. Now, I love to watch football on Sunday, and I still cheer for the 'Fins and now also the New England Patriots because that is C's team. Football Sunday is so much fun! I'm sad the season is almost over...


As an aside, if you are one of the 1,000,000,000 Tom Brady haters, I implore you to watch this series of videos about him, The Year of the Quarterback. See the first of six videos here (and scroll through these videos to find the remaining five videos).


I hope everyone had a great Christmas & New Year! I have 1000+ posts to go through in my Google Reader, and I'm resisting the temptation to mark all as read. I will try to comment on as many as I can in the next few days! If I missed anything important (you know, engagements, babies, new jobs, etc...) leave me a comment with a link so I won't miss it.

6 comments:

Jules said...

Welcome back! It definitely sounds like you had an eventful trip on the East Coast. I can't wait to hear more about it and I hope the hospital stuff wasn't that serious.

I loved reading your 2011 recap. You did so many fun things. I remember when you posted about your families coming together in Vegas and your trip to San Francisco also looked so fun. I'm sure there's going to be much more in store for this year as well.

I love that you included Chick-Fil-A!

Meagan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrs. K said...

Ok, I haven't even made it through the first sentence and I noticed you made a roadtrip to Orlando!! AHHH, I wish I would have known. I could have shown you around. Hope you had a great holiday and looking forward to reading more :)

Gwen said...

You have been a busy girl!!! I love that the MochaCoco's were on your list. I forgot about them but now I want one. LOL! Wonder if they will do a skinny one this summer.

I didn't know you were on television!!! I'm a bad reader obviously but how fun is that!!!

I'm glad you had a great year and can't wait to hear all about your 3 week vacay!

XOXO

Leeann @ Join the Gossip said...

Yay for a great year! You had an amazing 2012 and wishing you the best in 2012...well except as far as the Super Bowl goes...when Brady and Brees will be matched up and the Saints WIN! Sorry I had to ;)

Hope to see you in 2012. We should plan something with Kate soon!

Mary A. said...

I LOVE San Francisco -- lived there for a few years and it was one of the best experiences of my life.

And why oh why did you tell me about the moco coco? Now I will have to try it and i already know I love it.

MMMMMMMM

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS