Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Today feels like a Monday

Since yesterday was the Halloween party at work, it really didn't feel like a Monday. We goofed off for a majority of the morning, had lunch catered, and were hyped up on sugar all day. The best part of the day was winning the costume contest! I now have consecutive wins under my belt!

I submitted my costume photo to the official NE Patriots Facebook page and I'm hoping that by some miracle, Tom Brady sees it and decides he wants to meet me since I'm such a dedicated fan! I mean really, I wore this the day after the Pats lost to the Steelers so that's saying something about my loyalty :)


Chris & I had a nice weekend! I had a coupon for a free steak dinner from Outback so we went on a date Friday after work. I forgot how yummy the Bloomin' Onion is.

Since I've started running recently, I quickly discovered that my worn out running shoes weren't going to cut it for long. I had been looking into shoes on Zappos, but wasn't really committed to shopping online. We happened to go into REI just to look around after dinner, and I found a great brand and style of running shoes (this link is for Zappo's and the price is much higher) that were on clearance (only $63 for my pair). I was so excited and took it as a sign from above! Chris gifted them to me! I've done a couple of runs in them and I can tell a big difference in comfort already.

This is for all SCARF SWAP participants: I will have a link up on my blog this Friday. Please consider participating and sharing your new scarf with all of us! If you have already written a post about your scarf, feel free to link us to that post. I'd love to be able to visit all of you and I'm sure that others would too!

5 comments:

Mary A. said...

OMG that is the BEST COSTUME EVER! How did you keep that tiny football on your head?

Beantown Prepster said...

How cute are YOU!?!?! I Love your costume! I too need new running shoes. Bleh. Orrrr maybe I'll just stop running instead :) ha!

Jules said...

You are so darn cute and congrats on winning the costume contest again! I'm crossing my fingers that Tom Brady sees this ;)

I love Outback and thank goodness for coupons!

That's great you got some new running shoes and that they were affordable.

Jen said...

Girl...there is NOTHING like a new pair of running shoes. It's the best. Way to score a deal!! And P.S....LOVED your costume. You are too cute :-)

Personalized Sketches and Sentiments said...

You deserve winning Best Costume! And it will be fun to hear that you are contacted for being the most dedicated fan :o)

...so since Tuesday feels like Monday...and yet Friday is still Friday...it kinda, sorta is like having a 4 day work week this week!

Yay for yummy onions and new running shoes! :o)

Blessings & Aloha!
Thank you, dear friend for your sweet visit!!! Hugs!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS