Thursday, November 10, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts & Late Weekend Recap

Weekend Recap

Here's a quick {and very late} weekend recap for you! I found this really cute sweater at Forever 21 and I am in love with it! It's only $12.50! I chose the black/tan stripe combo, but there were at least 2 or 3 other color options available. I can't find the sweater on the website so maybe it's only in stores. I think I'll have to head back and get a couple more in different colors.

(that thing on my jeans is actually a sticker or something on the mirror of the fitting room)


Since Saturday was our only sunny day, we drove to Pasadena to do a bike ride around the Rose Bowl and some window shopping. Unfortunately, there was a UCLA game at the Bowl so we weren't able to do the ride we wanted to do. We still got in about 15 miles so it wasn't all bad.

After our ride we were freezing(!!) so we had to get some warm drinks from Starbucks! My first red cup of the season. Although I have to admit, I want to enjoy Thanksgiving before even thinking about Christmas and the holidays. We also bought some yummy cupcakes from a place called Dots. They were so delicious!


On Sunday we watched football ALL DAY. I'm not even kidding. None of my teams won except for Miami! I am extremely nervous about New England's remaining games this season, the way they are playing has me really worried for the Jets game this weekend.

On to Thursday's Thoughts

My Erin Condren planner arrived last week. I am very happy with it so far. It's obvious that a lot of time and effort went into making a functional & beautiful planner. I love that it is so aesthetically pleasing while still having the functionality you need and expect out of a planner. I was surprised with how large and heavy it is, but I've all but gotten used to the added bulk. I was disappointed that the monthly tabs are so easily damaged, but have found a solution for that problem. I'm still uncertain if I would order this again at full price ($50 + shipping), but ask me again in a few months. We will see how relevant it remains in my life. However, if you find a deal like I did on Zulilly ($25 for $50 worth of EC product), then I definitely recommend purchasing this planner!


My Thanksgiving 5K is now only 2 weeks away! I am scared! I have been having constant knee pain since my second week of training, and it has gotten a little bit worse after each session. I'm not sure what to do! After each session I've been icing my knees and stretching like crazy. It seems like my first and last running intervals are the hardest to get through.  Do any of you have knee ailments from running and what was your solution?

I reached 1,000 miles on my bike last weekend! Only 400 more to go until I pay for my bike in gas savings!



That's all for today. We have a busy weekend planned to celebrate C's birthday! Oh, and in other really exciting news, Chick-fil-A finally opened today! I'm going to try to go tonight if it isn't too packed...

Have a great weekend and don't forget to enter my November Giveaway here!

11 comments:

Dixie Bell Designs said...

I love your sweater! I might have to take a lil trip to forever 21! Also, thanks for the tip on the planner tabs, I have only had mine for two weeks and I have already noticed that a bit too. Lastly, I am SO impressed with your biking! That is AWESOME!

Tillie said...

I ordered the planner too!! Mine JUST SHIPPED :) Thank goodness for the Zuilly coupon. I couldn't bear to spend $50 on a planner!

Lauren said...

I will forever love forever21 for its amazing prices...and those cupcakes look amazing.

If you are running when its cold (at night, early am) that could really be hurting your knees! I know that I worked out in the cold Sunday night and I was down for the count for almost 3 days!

Lindsey said...

I love your sweater!! Our Forever 21 is opening here on Saturday (!!) and I might have to stop by and see if I can find a few things.

Belle on Heels said...

the sweater is darling, but i LOVE your boots!!

Day Old News said...

I can't run, I'm just too fragile. Every time I try to pick it up, I injury something. :( Your outfit is cute, don't you love a great bargain?

Mrs. Jansson said...

I love your sweater, so cute! Also, I'm extremely jealous about your potential chikfila experience. Have some nuggets, waffle fries, a diet lemonaide and tons of polynesian sauce for me!

Jules said...

Minus the chilly weather that's great that you and C got to go for a bike ride. I still haven't had a red cup yet this season, but I'm looking forward to it. Those cupcakes look so yummy!

I've been all about the stripes lately, so I really like that top from F21.

Good luck getting prepared for the 5K! I know you can do it.

P.S. I broke down and bought an Erin Condren planner too from a deal that was on Plum District. I still need to order it. I hope I like it too!

Mandell said...

Hi! New follower! I just recently posted about my EC life planner too, it is so so so amazing (and really is a life saver!)

http://namelessornow1.blogspot.com

Laur said...

Love finding stuff at F21!! And now I want to go look for that sweater! You look BEA-U-TI-FUL!

z said...

I love your outfit! So dang cute :)
New follower!

kianabates.blogspot.com

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS