Tuesday, December 7, 2010

BACON!

I made the most incredible cookie over the weekend.

I had bookmarked the recipe ages ago, but didn't get around to making it until now. I'm glad I finally did because it is delicious!

Chocolate Chip Bacon Pecan Cookies
Makes: 18 thin and chewy cookies
5 strips bacon
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter at room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar
1/3 cup light brown sugar
1 large egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)

In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon, turning several times, until browned and done, 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain. Chop finely.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt.
In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugars. Add egg and vanilla extract, and beat until just blended. Add the dry ingredients; beat until just incorporated and the flour is dissolved. Stir in the chocolate chips, pecans and bacon.
Drop one large tablespoon cookie dough 2 to 3 inches apart (as they will spread) on baking sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until firm and golden brown around the edges, and still slightly soft in the center.
Transfer to a rack and cool for 15 minutes.


Yum...seriously delish!

Just some of my own personal notes:
* I didn't use pecans because they were super expensive. They were just as good without.
* I made my cookies the size of a regular ice cream scoop. It made 9, but they were huge. I added a couple of minutes to the bake time to accommodate the larger size.
* I stored the extras in a ziploc bag on the counter. Still super yummy and moist the next day.
* Chocolate and bacon might seem weird, but it's actually a great combination. Give it a try!

10 comments:

KatiePerk said...

Wow! These sound great. Why are pecans super pricy??

Lucky in Love said...

Dude, these sound awesome!!

Mary A. said...

I just love Hanukkah treats!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I crack myself up.

I bet they are good. . .but DH would never forgive me for "wasting" bacon in a cookie.

Unknown said...

This sounds awesome, adding them to my cookie list.

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! These sound amazing. Thanks for the recommendation. Can't wait to try them!

BAH said...

I think I'm going to make these today! Thanks for the the recipe!

Jules said...

These sound so good. Thanks for sharing! I can see this being delish and almost like a sweet/salty treat (which are always my favorite). I hope you're doing well!

erica said...

Very interesting recipe. My husband would absolutely love these.

xo

Lifes-A-Blog... said...

that would probably be good if i ate pork bacon, you think it'll work with turkey bacon?!? but you should try ice cream (preferably birthday cake ice cream) and cheetos (the puffy kind)!! good stuff! im a wierd junkfood eater!

Itstartedin82 said...

Thanks for making these and not bringing them to work. Fail tea diaries!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS