Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Bookworm

I have fallen back in love with my Nook. Well I was never out of love with it, but I just wasn't reading very much because I was watching too much television. I've since taken a break from all the tv-ing and spent a couple hours before bed reading instead!

I read a true-crime novel called Flawless, about the largest diamond heist in history. It was so interesting and read just like Ocean's 11, except it was all true. Now I'm obsessed with diamonds. As if I wasn't already...sheesh. (I should add a disclaimer that I am really into heist movies so that's why I enjoyed this book.)


I also read, and LOVED, Mindy Kaling's Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? This book is so funny! I only know who Mindy Kaling is because of her part in No Strings Attached, but this book has made me want to read/see everything she's done in her career. I better start with Season 1 of The Office...I highly recommend this book - it's a quick read and will have you laughing from the very beginning!

Of course I had to also read Tina Fey's Bossypants. I'm only halfway through this one. So far it is funny, but not as funny as Mindy's book. I think it's because I don't understand as many of the references Tina makes, since she's older than me. I keep having to ask Chris who or what so and so is. I'm pretty sure he would really like the book because every time I ask him about something he knows exactly what I'm talking about and thinks it's funny. Regardless, it's a good one to read before bed because you don't have to concentrate too much!



What have you read lately? Anything you enjoyed that I should know about? I'm almost done with Bossypants so I'll need a new book soon!

8 comments:

Southern Living: Preppy Style said...

Thanks for the recommends! I am adding Flawless to my Goodreads!

KatiePerk said...

Loved Mindy's book too!

Beth Dunn said...

Totally want to read that book-"is everyone hanging out without me." I loved Bossy Pants. I'm about to do a similar blog
xoxo
SC

Gwen said...

I have both Bossypants and Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? on my Kindle. They are down on my list but I must read them!!!

Mary A. said...

I'm kindling My Fair Lazy by Jen Lancaster. It's OK. I'm getting a little Jenned out. . .but I DO wanna read Jeneration X. . .

Phoenix said...

"Flawless" sounds like a great book! And I've heard "Is Everyone Hanging out Without Me?" is downright hilarious. Great recommendations... I'll add them to my (ever-growing) book list. :)

Lyndsy said...

ooh you have read some great books all that i think i need to add to my kindle or find from someone to borrow!

Jane V. said...

Bossy Pants is hilarious!! If I wasn't laughing out loud I was smiling to myself...I'm sure people thought I was kinda crazy.

I think I may check out Mindy Kaling's book.

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS