Sunday, February 15, 2009

Post Valentine's Day Recap

Just a quick update before I'm off to a study group for Economics...

Last night, Troy and I had a great time eating at Paradise Cove. We've been waiting a long time to go, and it was worth every minute of waiting. First of all, Paradise Cove is right on the beach in Malibu so pretty much every seat in the restaurant has an ocean view. We had reservations for 5 pm so we got there a little early to enjoy a famous mojito. We were seated very quickly and had fun deciding what to eat. Even though I'm on WW, I was committed to enjoying myself and not being too hard on myself when choosing what to eat. It worked out perfectly because before deciding, Troy and I decided we would hit the gym upon returning from dinner. So I felt better about making a less healthy choice in the spirit of enjoying V Day.

I had parmesan crusted halibut with a naked baked potato while Troy had the hot sampler platter with calamari, ribs, shrimp, fries, etc. I did have 5 french fries, half a coconut shrimp and several fried calamari. My halibut was delicious, but I only had maybe 5 or 6 bites. I was busy talking and enjoying myself so I ate less than I normally would have. Plus I filled up pretty quickly.

We did work out afterwards, I ended up doing an hour on the eliptical and burned close to 800 calories. Also, I had a TON of water throughout the day and night so I'm thinking I didn't damage my WI results too much as a result of the V Day splurge...

Some pics from the night:

img_21491

I didn't eat that whole plate...it was already in the to go box!

Now some pictures of my animals dressed up in sweaters...it was cold!
Moritz the Cat
YoYo, the Ragamuffin - I mean Dog

No comments:

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS