Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: DIY Details & Rehearsal Dinner

* I'm finally getting around to sharing all of the wedding photos and recaps. It's A LOT so I'm hoping to do a wedding related post every Wednesday! I hope you enjoy seeing some of the details of our special day!*

I tackled many of the wedding details myself. I knew that since we were having at OOT wedding, I wanted to put together welcome bags for our hotel guests. I decided to just use plain old kraft paper gift bags with tissue paper in coordinating wedding colors. I designed and printed out a weekend itinerary to tie to the outside. I also put together a packet that contained information on restaurants, shopping, and attractions in the area.

In the very beginning of my wedding planning, I selected three main fonts to use throughout all of the paper products. I think this really helped tie everything together and make it seem coordinated. I found the fonts for free through various links on Pinterest.





Once we got to Rhode Island, we filled the bags with bottled waters, snacks, local brochures and maps. My mother-in-law bought decorative starfish and shells to add as well. Those added a nice touch!

My mother-in-law had planned a "Welcome to Rhode Island" picnic themed rehearsal dinner and there weren't any invitations out there for this kind of idea so I just made my own. I printed the information on a nice piece of cardstock and attached it to a piece of scrapbook paper. 


I saw this idea on Pinterest, made my own, added it to a frame and displayed it on the food table the night of the rehearsal dinner. (The starfish in the picture below is the same as what we added to the welcome bags.)


I did a lot of the other paper products (program fans, favor labels, thank you notes, etc.), but those were all professionally photographed so I will share those when I share the professional photos of the decorations and details. 

In the meantime, here are a couple more pictures from the rehearsal dinner!

Rehearsing!

The tables and centerpieces (and my nephew)

With my besties!

Mom with all of her grandkids!

2 comments:

Arielle said...

so cute! love all of these pictures! and the color scheme!

Sweet Simplicity said...

I love your dress!

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS